The Concrete Framework division is writing and maintaining several open-source cryptographic libraries and tools dedicated to Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE). Those libraries and tools are written with different languages (rust for libraries, cpp for the compiler, python for frontend, etc...) and is targeting several environment (linux/macos/...) and/or hardware (cpu/gpu/...). As example one of those libraries, Concrete-core is used as the backbone of the whole framework. It implements various cryptographic primitives. The codebase uses the Rust programming language as its main language, but it is expected to host hardware-specific code written in other languages in the near future.
The candidate and his/her/their team will be responsible for:
- discovering new cryptographic techniques to compute on encrypted data,
- working with the engineering and product teams to implement his/her/their research into our products,
- design robust tests and benchmarks to validate his/her/their research and its implementation,
- review the latest published research, and inform the team on potential new applications,
- work with the entire team to define the research and product roadmaps,
- publishing papers, filing patents and presenting his/her/their work at academic conferences.
Note that full remote is possible, however we ask for the possibility to visit our Paris office at least on a quarterly basis.